why did furnace turn off
There are several reasons why a furnace may turn off:
- Thermostat setting: The thermostat may have reached the desired temperature and automatically turned off the furnace.
- Clogged air filter: If the furnace’s air filter is clogged, it can cause the furnace to overheat and shut off as a safety measure.
- Pilot light or ignition issues: If the pilot light or ignition system is malfunctioning, the furnace may turn off as a safety measure.
- Malfunctioning components: Various components in the furnace, such as the blower motor or limit switch, may malfunction and cause the furnace to shut off.
- Lack of fuel: If the furnace is not receiving enough fuel, such as gas or oil, it may shut off.
If your furnace has turned off and you cannot identify the issue, it may be best to contact a professional HVAC technician to diagnose and repair the problem.